While both men and women work out in contemporary gyms , but there was a popular conception of the gym as a masculine institution which to some extend still continues.. Gender issues in the gym can be divisive or isolating, especially if your discipline is predominantly male or female . It doesn’t have to be that way though!!
Recently, a case of molestation has been registered against a man who brutally assaulted woman in the gym at Indore for resisting molestation.
The below provided video grab of CCTV footage clearly shows how man turned around and punched the woman, followed with kicks falling her to the knees.
This is just a one incident noticed as it was reported.. many more happens and are being unreported. No such kind of behaviour should be tolerable by anyone and everyone should raise their voice against it.
Here, the media raised an issue regarding gender gap. But if this issue is closely scrutinised, the point here is not just a gender issue!! This can even happen between man and man or woman and woman..
So, we are up here to provide u with few guidelines to be followed to avoid such mishaps :
- Everytime you have any serious issues with any other client ,don’t talk back to him/her directly . Report to your trainer to resolve the issue.
- In case you are female and not comfortable working under male trainer.. Hire female trainer..
- Installation of CCTVs are must in today’s scenario.. there must be proper installation of camera covering every sector of workout area.
- It is totally the responsibility of management to assure the safety of their clients. They should cancel the membership of those clients who are mischievous whose sole aim is not just only to be healthy.
- DON’T TOLERATE! What you tolerate will continue… so report every disrespect , every misbehave happened to you to the trainer.
IT is better to try to keep a bad thing from happening than it is to fix the bad thing once it has happened.. So all gym enthusiasts, stay cautious, work hard stay fit !!!